When it comes to getting a good night’s rest, one of the most important factors is your mattress. We spend up to 33% of our lives in bed so having the right mattress can really make a difference in your life. Today, we are going to take a deeper look at two very popular mattress types and see which one is better.
Coil VS Memory Foam
You might be asking yourself, which is better memory foam or coil mattress? The answer to that age-old question is in the design of each mattress. Below we will learn how both types of mattresses work so that you can get a better idea of which one might be better for you.
Coil mattresses have been around for many years. They are still widely popular and are often more affordable than other types of mattresses. Let’s take a look at the features of coil mattresses and what it has to offer you.
- Coil mattresses don’t rely on body contours which makes it a one size fits all type of mattress.
- A coil mattress offers uneven body support and may cause some people to suffer from aches and pains.
- Coil mattresses tend to have a shorter lifespan and they often come with smaller warranties.
- They are heavy and are not easy to move.
- They are often cheaper than other types of mattresses.
- Coil mattresses can trap allergens causing some to suffer from nighttime coughing.
- Most coil mattresses are very firm.
Memory Foam Mattresses
Now let’s take a look at memory foam mattresses. This type of mattress has been around for a while but not as long as coil mattresses. They are designed by sleep study professionals and are easily shipped. You will find more features below.
- Easy to move and can be vacuum sealed for storage or shipping.
- Will contour to your body and give you complete support.
- Does not attract or trap allergens.
- Is designed with layers giving you enough firmness to properly support your body.
- Cost more than a coil mattress but lasts a lot longer and comes with extended warranties.
Which Is Better Memory Foam or Coil Mattress?
We have learned about both of these mattress types and now it is time to figure out which one is the best. As you can see, coil mattresses were designed with older technology and they lack full body support. On the other hand, foam mattresses are fairly new and are designed to be firm while contouring the body at the same time. They are much easier to move around and they are not dust magnets. These are just a few of the reasons why we feel foam mattresses are superior to coil mattresses.
Now that we have answered the question which is better memory foam or coil mattress? It is up to you to decide which one is right for you. As we have learned, memory foam mattresses are more comfortable and much easier to move while coil mattresses are cheaper than memory foam mattresses, but you get what you pay for. So if you want a mattress that will give you full body support and a good night’s sleep, why not consider a memory foam mattress?